adstN

“Frolics and Detours of a Short Hebrew Man”



funny story in english writing :: Article Creator

Funny Stories

The Best Funny Stories: Funny Short Stories to Tell Your Friends

Skip to main content

See how your stories compare with these with these funny short stories you can share with the whole family.

*

We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices.

We recommend our users to update the browser.

Close Icon

Fill-in A Funny Story #5

Want to have fun with grammar? This funny, fill-in-the-blank story lets your first grader get a handle on words, while keeping her entertained. She'll complete the silly animal story with words like describing words, colors, types of animals, and feelings—and end up with a laugh-out-loud tale for you to share together.

Here's some more storytelling fun!

Print Worksheet

Grade Subject View aligned standards

No standards associated with this content.


Smiley: They Both Speak English, More Or Less

"If you can stand one more story about our New Orleans pronunciation," says Charlene Enzone:

"One year, as my hubby and I were on a Caribbean cruise, we had a stop in Jamaica and booked a tour of the area.

"One of the places we visited was an old prison, rumored to house 30 prisoners in a cell that was no more than 8 by 10 feet.

"As the tour progressed, the tour guide stopped the group outside one of the cells and proceeded to educate the group about the way Jamaicans speak.

"He said, 'Don't be surprised if you can't always understand what we are saying. It's English but with a twist.'

"He then said, 'Whasunme?'

"As the people in the group were looking at each other, I replied, 'My name is Charlene.'

"He spun around, looked at me rather funny and inquired where was I from. When I answered 'New Orleans,' he laughed and said that was the first time anyone had answered his question. I was awarded a victorious high-five."

Love story

Ted Dalrymple, of Harvey, tells this accent tale:

"In 1970, I was stationed at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, Mississippi, for training. I only had one week left before transferring to Washington, D.C.

"A friend from New Orleans said his girlfriend, sister and a friend were coming to Biloxi for a weekend visit. He asked me to be the third girl's date.

"After we met, I asked her if she was from New York City, in fact, Brooklyn. I had been born and raised on Long Island, New York, and thought I was familiar with those accents.

"Nope, she was New Orleans born and raised, with a strong Cajun influence on her mother's side. We will celebrate our 52nd anniversary this coming April."

Love Wagon memories

Nostalgia may not be what it used to be, but a number of readers get positively sentimental when it comes to the vehicles of their youth.

For instance, Robert A. Lipe, of Prairieville, tells of his 1971 VW bus (called "The Love Wagon," for some reason):

"I went to my family reunion in the boonies of Virginia. To get to the low grounds by the James River, one has to go through Georgia Creek.

"Before that weekend there was a lot of rain, and the creek was high, but I decided to go forward with two of my brothers as passengers.

"We hit the high water and suddenly floated across with some forward momentum. We weren't really worried (it was the '70s).

"Another time I was driving the bus to see my girlfriend in Southern Pines, North Carolina, which is fairly hilly country. It is near the former Fort Bragg, now Fort Liberty.

"An MP pulled me over. He told me that he clocked my bus at 85 mph. I found that hard to believe, as did he. He let me go, shaking his head. That bus would only do 60 mph on a flat road.

"I had invented a cruise control device for it in the form of a sawed-off axe handle wedged between the seat and the gas pedal."

"Fortunately," Robert adds, "the MP overlooked a cooler of beer, etc." (It was the '70s.)

Special People Dept.

John and Barbara Culmone, of Greenwell Springs, celebrate their 60th anniversary Tuesday, Nov. 28.

Doubly special

Rick Marshall, of Baton Rouge, tells why Dec. 7 is special for him:

"I honor our veterans who survived Pearl Harbor — and celebrate the end of Medicare 'open enrollment' commercials."

(Does this mean no more Joe Namath?)

Top hat

Annie Kelly says, regarding Sam Irwin's history story in the Friday column about a bishop's hat called a miter:

"Being Protestant, I've never heard of it except in crossword puzzles, usually clued as 'Pope topper.'"






Comments

adstB

Popular posts from this blog

200 Best Reader's Digest Jokes of All Time

The Best Netflix Original Movies, Ranked (2015-2020)

Merge - Music/Clubs